• We consume clean energy and are powered 100% by wind energy.
• We have 4,000-square-feet of garden in the middle of the city where we grow 20% of our own seasonal vegetables.
• Over 50% of our ingredients are sourced locally (within Colorado) and our network of responsible food sourcing supports over 55 local ranchers, farmers, growers & food artisans.
• All animal proteins are certified humane, pasture-raised and utilize non GMO vegetarian feed.
• All seafood is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council and is a “Best Choice Green” by the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch.
• All of our cleaning products and sanitizers are biodegradable and our paper products from the bathroom to the kitchen are made from 100% post-consumer unbleached recycled paper.
• We compost and recycle, diverting an average of 80% of our waste.
• We use healthy non-GMO oils in all out cooking and flash frying like Rice Bran oil: ”The World’s Healthiest” edible oil, containing vitamins, antioxidants, nutrients and trans fat free and Sunflower Oil.
• 75% of Root Down was built and finished with reclaimed, reused and recycled materials.
LOCAL PARTNERS SHOUT-OUT
Without these suppliers our concept would not be possible!